Please note that neither the Website, App nor the Service is intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on the Website, App or through our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Website, App or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified. It does not include data which cannot be related to an identifiable person (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username, or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your mobile device’s unique ID number, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the website or on which the App is installed and used.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your location, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website, App, other app(s) and Services, such as the buttons, controls, products and ads you click on, pages of our App or Website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, your search queries, the dates and times of your visits or use, but also about the products that you are tracking through the App and Service, how often you use those products, and other related data regarding such usage by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Collect Personal Information
We use different methods to collect data from and about individuals, including through:
Direct interactions by you: You may give us Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in the form or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide or permit users to access when you:
- sign up for a demo of our services;
- create an account and profile with us;
- purchase one of the services;
- subscribe to our email alerts;
- complete one of our online forms to receive our reports and case studies;
- contact our customer service;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How We Use Personal Information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
The types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data are:
Legitimate Interest - this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract – this means processing your information where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation – this means processing your personal information where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Consent – this means you have consented to our use of data in this manner. We may ask for your express consent for certain uses, and you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Emoship has put into place data security measures to protect your personal information. Emoship allows access to your personal information only by employees and service providers who have a need to know or access your personal information on Emoship’s instructions. We will notify you and any regulatory body of any breach of your personal information or Emoship’s security measures if it is legally required to do so.
Retention of Data
Right of Access
Under the law, you may have a right to request access to your personal information for correction, transfer, erasure, or restriction, or to object to its processing or withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
You do not need to pay a fee to access your personal information or to exercise your rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unreasonable or excessive.
To confirm your request, we may need to request specific information from you as a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to an unauthorized third party. We will attempt to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty days.
Emoship’s Websites may include links to third-party websites and applications. By clicking on third-party links, you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party links, and you are advised to review their respective privacy policies.